Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Missing

All those days of writing during my husband's health crisis. Then to just stop. I've missed it...the writing, that is. Perhaps I missed only the connection of knowing that people I know and love - as well as others I may not know at all - were taking the time to get a glimpse of my life. Perhaps it was the freedom that a time of crisis gave me to say what I really wanted to say. Perhaps it was getting feelings from my heart and soul and giving them words and a place to live outside of me. Perhaps it was an egocentric mindset that remembers the accolades of others towards my writing. Perhaps it is the vanity in me that choses to believe them. Perhaps it is all that. Or none of that. Or something else altogether. The bottom line is that, well, I've missed it. Maybe I do have something to say that others can find encouraging. Or maybe I just want a place to vent. My own little podium at the town square. (You know, that was one of the things I often said I liked about teaching high school kids - on a good day, I had a captive audience that would change every hour on the hour. If my routine was up to par, it was a blast.)

Here the topics will range from whatever to whatever. Here I will speak freely of the Joy and the LIFE that the Lifegiver showers upon us. What we chose to do with that Life, well, friends, that is the question isn't it?

3 comments:

Smitty said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! We have missed your insights and introspection. You are loved and appreciated!

Patti Davy said...

I HAVE REALLY Missed you!! I love reading about your thoughts and feelings - thank you for sharing them to begin with - it really helps me through my day - I love you and am so proud of you! Aunt Patti

Kay said...

So glad you are doing this -- I have MISSED your writings! I will call you soon!
Love,
K